Thursday, January 07, 2010




Oh how I love my little daughter Abby. We have been trying to teach her that everyone is special and that we all have different looks and that we need to look for that special something in everyone. So we went to Wendy's by our house the other day as a special treat. I use to be a manager at this location, so I know quite a few of the employees. My friend Elena, was there and I haven't seen her for some time. I started talking to her in Spanish, which is her first language and Abby heard me. She yelled across the restaurant. "My mommy speaks Mexican." Everyone in the restaurant laughed and my face was bright red. This was a safe place to say this, but I had to tell Abby that mommy speaks Spanish. She loves Dora the Explorer and has asked me to teach her a new word everyday. I have enjoyed teaching her new things, and am glad to see she wants to speak Spanish. In Utah, it has become a must to speak Spanish. You will get hired for a job over someone else if you do, even if you aren't fluent. Everywhere you go, everyone speaks Spanish. And most of the Spanish in Utah is Mexican. So I can see where she is coming from. Jaxon is trying so hard to crawl. He loves to army crawl more than anything, but I want him to get up and just crawl. I will have to figure out how to keep him safe from the stairs, and not hurt himself on the tile downstairs, but we will manage. Jaxon has four teeth now, and Abby still hasn't learned to keep her fingers out of his mouth. However, Jaxon does love to go for a kiss on your face, and instead take a bite. We took him to his 6 months check-up and he now weighs 15 lbs, and is 26 inches tall. That is a shorty compared to Abby. Abby continues to grow and she acts like she is 16 sometimes. The other day we moved our furniture around, and she made the closet the timeout place now. She sends daddy to timeout a lot, and the closet has become her favorite place now. Not only that, but she is a dressing room attendant too. Every morning she takes each of us by ourselves into the closet picks out all the clothes we need, and gets us dressed. How old is my little girl? The calendar says 3 1/2, but sometimes I wonder.

No comments: